Thursday, July 10, 2008

The New Pledge of Allegiance~

My Dad had this forwarded to him, and I thought it was so awesome and wanted to share with everyone, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did! What a smart kid!


WRITTEN BY A 15 yr. old SCHOOL KID IN ARIZONA :

New Pledge of Allegiance (TOTALLY AWESOME) !

Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore Because the word 'God' is mentioned.... A kid in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School prayer :

Now I sit me down to school
where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of him very odd

If scripture now the class recites
It violates the Bill of Rights
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a federal matter now

Our hair can be purple, orange or green
That's no offense; Its a freedom scene
The law is specific, the law is precise
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're aloud to cuss and dress like freaks
And pierce our nose, tongues and cheeks
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible
To quote the good book makes me liable
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen
and the "unwed daddy" our senior King
Its "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong
We're taught that such "judgements" do not belong

We can get our condoms, and birth controls
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed
No word of God must reach this crowd

It's scary here I must confess
When Chaos reigns the school's a mess
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
SHould I be shot, my soul please take.

Amen!

1 comment:

Our Little Norman Life! said...

Its so true and very sad! You can say the f word right out loud but god is more offensive! I understand some people don't believe in god but it doesn't mean that those who do have to hide it. Those who believe out number those who don't so why do they have to refrain from saying how they feel about what they believe? Because obviously the few who don't believe in anything have been heard and its making the world a sad place! I loved it. Its so true. Smart young man.